Media Information Sheet
Stauffer & Sons Construction, Inc. was founded by Andy Stauffer (pronounced “stah-ffer;” rhymes with “offer”) in 1999 in Colorado Springs, Colo. The private company is incorporated in the state of Colorado and has three employees (in addition to Andy). In 2015, the organization had gross revenues of over $4 million.
About the Founder:
Andy Stauffer is the sole owner of the company, and has more than 20 years of experience in all facets of residential construction. Andy is a licensed residential and commercial builder in El Paso County. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Geography from Humboldt State University in Arcata, California. He began his career in construction while a student, remodeling old Victorian homes in Arcata and the surrounding area. Andy is married to Yukie and together they have four sons: Andy, Patrick, Curtis and Derek.
Download a print-quality high resolution photo of Andy: click here (6.5 MB file).
What We Do:
Since 1999, the company has been building homes and light commercial structures of all shapes and sizes, including: custom homes, detached garages, home remodels and additions, timber construction and light commercial structures.
In 2005, Andy created a division within the company called “Colorado Timber Homes,” which builds timber frame homes using large old-world construction methods such as post and beam, mortise and tenon, and more. Oftentimes, the lumber sourced for these timber frame projects comes from the trees on the land that is being built upon. The “Colorado Timber Homes” brand has since been folded back into the Stauffer & Sons brand, but we are continuing our timber tradition even stronger than ever.
Where We Build:
Over the years, we have built construction projects of all types all over the state of Colorado and are licensed in multiple counties. We have built projects in the following counties: El Paso, Teller, Pueblo, Park, Jefferson, Las Animas, and Douglas.
We are passionate about sharing our industry expertise with both consumers and the building community. Here are some of the publications we’ve been featured in recently:
- 09-07-10 Journal of Light Construction – Builders Learn The Lessons Of Life On The Edge Of The Wilderness
- 12-13-16 Builder & Developer Magazine – Planning and Designing Buildable Structures
- 02-10-16 Builder & Developer Magazine – Passion Meets Practicality (A Love Story)
- 01-21-16: Builder Magazine – Building Homes With Accessibility In Mind
- 11-16-15: Builder Magazine – Building a Defense Against Exterior Fires
- 09-25-15: US News & World Report – 8 Financial Mistakes To Avoid When Building A New Home
- 06-17-15: Options for Today’s Fine Homes – New Technologies Assisting Custom Homebuilders
- 06-12-15: Modern Builder + Design Magazine – Rustic Colorado Beauty
- 04-15-15: Propane Council – Straight Talk: Stauffer & Sons Construction
- 02-20-15: Builder & Developer Magazine – Changes In Building Materials & Technology
- 02-20-15: Build with Propane – In Colorado, Seclusion Without Sacrifice
- 12-12-14: 1460 KZNT “It’s Your Business Showcase” – Stauffer & Sons Construction
- 10-10-14: New Falcon Herald – More On Black Forest New Pavilion
- 09-15-14: Luxury Daily – Rebuilding Luxury Homes From The Construction Team’s Perspective
- 06-27-14: Colorado Springs Business Journal – Black Forest Rebuild Worthy Of Parade Of Homes
- 05-02-14: NBC News – Rebuilding in Black Forest (Video)
- 04-11-14: NBC News – That Was Home: Residents Rebuild In Wildfire-Prone Areas
- 12-11-13: FOX21 News – Charred Trees Become Treasured Memories In Black Forest
- 11-10-13: Gazette – Trees From Fires Cut Into Useful Lumber
- 10-11-13: KRDO NewsChannel13 – Venetucci Barn Restored By Trees Burned In Black Forest Fire
- 08-01-09: FOX21 News – LEED Platinum Home in Divide, CO
- Builder of the first LEED® Certified Platinum home in Southern Colorado (in Divide, Colorado).
- Participated in ABC’s “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” remodeling the Barrett Residence in Peyton, Colorado.
- Rebuilding Venetucci Farm, a local farm and pumpkin patch. (Interior finish of barn and restoration of Asparagus Shed).
- Performing multiple renovations for The Broadmoor Hotel, including the Cheyenne Lodge and Emerald Valley Ranch.
- Building a $3.5MM Ranch in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains near the border of Colorado and New Mexico.
- Timber contractor for 8,700 Sq Ft luxury timber home featured in LUXE interiors+design magazine, Vol. 7 No. 4 (2007).
- Timber contractor for a 23,000 Sq Ft home in the Broadmoor Resort—the largest house in El Paso County.
- General Contractor for Log School Park and Pavilion in Black Forest (donating $15,000 or project management services).